Updated 14 January 2013 10:38:13
Details of Initial Quarterly meeting 11th JANUARY 2013
Introduction by Derek Hurford Group Leader
Derek opened the meeting, Pete and Jane Christie social secretaries, Jo and Derek Ramsey and Derek and Barbara Hill sent apologies. Committee members were Introduced Kevin Byrne treasurer Dennis Hobbs Web support.
Derek Hurford asked that anyone wishing to make a suggestion or ask a question, please put up their hand and wait until asked. Please stand and give name and town in which you live.
Purpose of meeting to run through events/proposed ideas for 2013.
Item 1 - Overall plan
Derek explained what’s been included in this draft proposal
Venues for Sunday Lunches, Friday night pub meetings, how we are going to try and improve communication between members, a major factor why many members are unaware of what the Devon group have to offer
Item 2, 3, 4, 5
We confirmed that Sunday lunches had been booked with provisional numbers 30, although actual numbers will need to be confirmed two weeks in advance. We will need to inform some venues of our eating requirements, menus will be issued.
Friday pub night. Again Derek has received confirmation that they are happy to have us. They will take booking direct for those who wish to eat.
Derek ran through the calendar for 2013 including details of proposed UK Holidays, and Holidays abroad, Racing venues, including Hill climbs, and provided information sheets on selected venues.
Note Some dates have been amended since see details on the TR Register Devon group web page future events.
Item 6 Golf challenge
John Vincent – Plymouth, Invited members to join him at our annual golf tournament dates to follow Tel 01752 891364
Item 7 Communication method
As a result of many B roads that are not conducive to quick commuting
there is a problem getting together and letting members know what’s on.
The solution is to informally divide the Area into sections and members were asked to support Derek Group Leader with this. The Areas are:- Tiverton Area, North Devon, East Devon, Mid
Devon, Exeter Area, Teignbridge, Torbay, South Hams, Dartmoor, and Plymouth. All have around 20 members, some smaller, some one or two more.
Derek will contact all members with the objective of obtaining confirmation that they are happy to release their phone numbers to fellow members in their area. A designated individual from each area will keep in touch with only those happy to be contacted. They will confirm what’s on the following month and establish if there is anything they are interested in doing and pass numbers to Derek or Jane and Pete Christie (Social Secretary).
Numbers are needed immediately for holidays at home and abroad due to limited places. Members with email addresses will receive the 2013 Calendar of events, it can also be found on Devon’s Group web pages (future events). If members with email address do not received the information it means what we have is incorrect. Please email email@example.com so details can be amended.
For those not online then it will be down to your area contact to keep you informed. Area contacts are in place in North Devon, East Devon, Mid Devon, Exeter area, Teignbridge, Torbay, Plymouth and South Hams, so it’s in the Dartmoor and Tiverton areas helpers are needed. If anyone interested please let Derek know.
Any other business or questions
Dennis Hobbs Devon group web support confirmed that sandwiches were provided at this meeting. Derek mentioned these were paid for from the sub payable by members attending Friday nights. While Non-members were asked to enjoy Devon group hospitality, members were reminded to pay their £1.50 at the end of the meeting. Dennis also congratulated David Johnson (Totnes) on his recent forum item although the consensus at the meeting was they did not necessarily agree with all his opinions. Another suggested he made was a track day at Castle Coombe for the men and pampering at a spa for the ladies. Mo Vincent (Plymouth) and Jennie Gill – (Winkleigh) thought the ladies should also drive the cars. Dennis will look into this and come up with a costing and a date
Steven Williams (Barnstaple) confirmed he would communicate with other North Devon members, and arrange local evening meeting, occasional day trips and generally keep in touch with his local members. John Blake (Barnstaple) confirmed he would also be pleased to help Steven Williams and thanked us for our commitment to improve communication.
David Johnson suggested we promote the forum, Philip Tucker (Ipplepen) agreed also suggesting that we use the TR group notice board for local group correspondence.
Ian Cornish contacted us about arranging a talk on TR works rally cars. He has received a good response from men and women who have attended previously held meetings. He requires numbers of 50-200 and travelling expenses plus bed and breakfast preferably with a TR Register member. Derek Hurford will contact Somerset Triumphs the Cornwall group and possibly other Triumph clubs, to see if we can run a joint meeting. Martin Lovell (Exminster) made a suggestion that we make a charge of £1.00 for each person attending to cover costs.
Dennis Hobbs would like members to provide photos with short write up for the web site, giving details of themselves and their TR History. They can send them to Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Philip Tucker, the West country co-coordinator, informed us that the TR Register has a new data base and will be obtaining up to date information, email addresses, telephone and car details. There are also changes to the TR insurance arrangements the Register will announce them shortly.
Stuart – (Somewhere in Cornwall) suggested that we have midweek evening runs which are very successful in Cornwall. He has also agreed to do a talk on lead loading which was well received and attended when undertaken at the International weekend and strongly recommended. Derek confirmed he was hoping that local areas would arrange evening runs and BBQ’s which he referred to earlier, with details and contact numbers shown on the future events web page, as updates, so everyone is aware and can join in should they wish.
There was no further business and the meeting was brought to a close 9.30 pm